Dental Implants in Lexington MA
Dental Implants in Lexington MA | Dental implants are one of the most amazing advancements in dental technology in recent years. They offer patients the ability to replace missing teeth without anyone being the wiser for it. Implants have the look, feel, and function of natural teeth.
But if you are considering dental implants in Lexington MA you will need some solid information to guide you. Because, while implants are a superior treatment option for most people, they are not always right for everyone.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are simply a type of tooth replacement that involves the implantation of a titanium metal post, followed by two additional components.
Each implant consists of:
- A titanium metal post implanted within the jawbone
- An abutment
- A dental crown
What is it like getting a dental implant?
Getting a dental implant will require some patience on your part, as the entire process will take a few months. The first part involves the implantation of a metal post into your jawbone. Sensing the presence of an artificial tooth root, your jawbone will naturally fuse around your new implant over the next few months.
Once this fusing process is complete, your dentist will place an abutment on top of the metal post. The purpose of the abutment is to allow for the attachment of a dental crown on top of the entire structure. Your crown will provide the appearance of a natural tooth, as well as a firm surface for biting and chewing.
When are dental implants recommended?
As long as you are in good overall health, and can afford the procedure, dental implants in Lexington MA will likely be recommended for you if you have sufficient bone mass. If you do not have adequate bone mass to support an implant, you can still undergo a bone graft procedure so that the area is prepared to receive a dental implant.
Dental Implant Benefits
- Preserves facial appearance: After losing a tooth, one’s facial structure can begin looking sunken in. A dental implant maintains facial structure, allowing you to appear more youthful.
- Keeps teeth from shifting: If you have a gap in your smile, nearby teeth can shift into this empty space. Implants prevent this from happening.
- Better than dentures: It is not uncommon for patients to find dentures to be uncomfortable. They can slip, affect speech, and make biting and chewing challenging.
- Superior to bridges: Bridges place surrounding teeth under greater stress. They can eventually lead to the necessity for costly dental work. Making the initial dental implant cost become more economical in the long run.
Book Your Appointment
If you would like to receive more information about dental implants in Lexington MA, reach out to your dental office today at (781) 861-7645 to schedule an appointment or consultation.
Your consultation provides a great opportunity to share any concerns that you may have, or ask any questions that are on your mind, so that you are completely comfortable with the entire dental implant process.