Lexington Dentists | Visiting your dentist is vital to keeping your oral health healthy. Unfortunately, many patients neglect dental checkups until something starts to bother them. You can avoid this if you maintain your dental checkups and cleanings. A common theme is missing teeth.
Learn why you should replace your missing teeth below and contact our Lexington dentists today!
WHAT CAUSES MISSING TEETH?
There are many ways a patient can lose their teeth.
- Old age
- An injury near the face
- Conditions that patients develop whether it’s teeth that are misaligned or overcrowding,
- Gum disease, tooth decay, or a tooth infection
Missing teeth can cause the following:
- Gums can become sensitive and start to bleed more frequently
- Discomfort in the missing tooth area
- Speaking clear becomes challenging
- Chewing in that area becomes uncomfortable
WHY YOU SHOULD REPLACE MISSING TEETH
- Rejuvenates your facial shape and appearance.
- Your speech becomes much clearer. Teeth play a big role in enunciating Also, your confidence rises.
- Chewing improves- There are no restrictions on what you can eat. When you are missing teeth chewing hard foods is extremely difficult.
- Your healthy teeth are “reborn”- Cosmetic options are created to match the color and shape of your teeth. Aesthetically, your replacement tooth will look and act like your natural teeth
- Improves your smile- smiling is significantly impaired in instances of missing teeth. People with missing teeth shy off from flashing their smiles in front of others, significantly affecting their self-esteem and confidence. Replacing that missing tooth acts as a boost to your self-confidence, as you can smile proudly without fear
TOOTH REPLACEMENT METHODS
Moreover, there are several cosmetic options your dentist may recommend to improve your smile. Here are the following:
- Dentures are removable mouth appliances. Dentures are recommended if you’re missing a full row or all of your teeth. Helps you regain shape and abilities to chew and talk.
- Dental bridges are defined by the name. It bridges gaps you may have between your teeth. As a result, this is important because if a gap isn’t treated it can alter the shape of your face and affect the surrounding teeth.
- Dental implants are the devices used to keep the cosmetic options intact. Implants are screws that are inserted into the jaw bone. It keeps dental bridges, dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures in place.
- Above all, it is extremely important to maintain good oral health to avoid any costly dental work by your Lexington dentists. If you happen to receive a replacement cosmetic option it’s equally important that you treat them with care as well.
Contact Our Lexington Dentists
Lexington Smile Studio offers an array of options to keep your smile healthy. We highly recommend scheduling a consultation to learn how best to improve your smile. New and existing patients may reach our Lexington dentists by phone at (781) 861-7645 or online. We’ll see you soon!